“A Home to Come Home To”
Arcadia, population 359, is located on Hwy 70, near the Middle Loup River Established in 1885 and named by Postmaster Mrs. Samuel Hawthorne, Arcadia is a Greek word meaning “a region or scene of simple pleasure and quiet”
. We are a town of dedicated people. In 2005, we raised enough money to erect a Veteran’s Memorial Wall using engraved bricks, each honoring a veteran. This year we successfully undertook another large project, that of purchasing new playground equipment for the Arcadia Public School.